9.08.2008

introducing madeleine frances


my beautiful baby girl, madeleine frances johnson was born Saturday, August 30th at 9:50 am... she was 8 lbs, 1 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.


at a doctor's appointment the day before, we were getting a little worried because she was still showing no signs of coming. after a non-stress test at the hospital, we figured out why - she was breech! oh no! so she came via c-section saturday morning. everything went well, and we're both doing much better.

it's likely my fluid level was too low for her to turn, and the poor girl was very squashed with her head jammed under my ribs and her feet squashed underneath her. but she's enjoying her ability to stretch out now!


she's SO adorable. and she's such a good baby :) she's very alert and was wide-eyed and interested from the moment she was born, and even hours later when i finally got to hold her for the first time. those baby blue-eyes are so beautiful!


she of course enjoys long naps :) and loves walks outside, and she makes the cutest baby squeaks you've ever heard!

here are all 5 generations of women - madeleine, me, my mother, my grandmother, and great-great-grandma frances eloise, from whom maddie gets her middle name.

i'm off to give some love to my new baby girl...but i'll post more adorable photos soon :)

7 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

ahhhhhh, what a precious baby you and Fred made!!!!! I bet you just love her, she's beautiful!
Congrats you guys!

Nancy said...

She is pretty cute! I'd love to take pictures of her soon. We'll have to work out a time that will work for both of us. Call me!

Andrea said...

Yay!! I'm SO happy for you and she is super cute! Thank goodness she is here and you're not pregnant anymore. Good luck with these next few weeks.

Mandy said...

you two are looking great! what a beautiful girl! I'm glad that everything went well!

chelsey said...

You had your baby!!! She is darling! I checked your facebook to see if you'd had her yet...and found you have a blog! Two great things to celebrate:) Lucky Girl!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, she's gorgeous! I love the pictures! Definitely keep them coming.

Rachel said...

Congrats Rachelle! I am so excited for you and she is adorable. Hope you are doing well. My baby girl is due in January ;).