1.02.2009

baby blessing


so i really have meant to post something before now... but it's been a crazy few weeks! thank heavens, i did finish the dress on time, and it turned out even more beautiful than i could have imagined.

row after row of pintucks, swiss embroidery, entredeux...



the blessing was beautiful, and we were thrilled to have so many friends and family come. after about 2 days of baking, weeks of sewing, hours of travel - you'd think the thing would last a little longer!

the spread - and all our wonderful family and friends!


with grandma whetten


love my daddy


with grandma johnson later that night - and i giggled for the first time!

6 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

the blessing dress is beautiful!!!!!!!! Great job mommy

Mandy said...

I guess Mandy's think alike- cuz I totally agree!

Nancy said...

The dress turned out beautifully. I was glad we could be there!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the dress is amazing.You did a great job. She looked little a perfect porcelain doll in it. I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you.

Biotica said...

I can't believe we share genetic material because I couldn't make a blessing dress like that if my live depended on it! What an amazingly beautiful piece of art!! Maybe someday Madeline will bless her own daughter in it. :)

Vanessa said...

fred did a great job on the blessing, and maddy did look gorgeous. wish we could have come to the dinner and seen her up close!